EFFINGHAM COUNTY FAIR PARADE
July 31, 2016
1. Pre-registration is encouraged and required for entry judging and will determine placement in the parade lineup
2, Click on this pre-registration link (page 77 of the Fair Premium Book) for printable entry form - we encourage on-line registration
3. Registration will also be taken prior to the parade at the staging area.
Parade staging information:
1. Please arrive between 2:45 PM. & 3:15 PM on Sunday, July 31st at the intersection of IL Route 40 and Ewing street. (In front of the High School) We ask that large
vehicles and floats arrive early and all parade entries be in place by 3:00 PM.
2. Judging of entries will occur before leaving the staging area and during the parade itself. There will be different categories from which awards will be determined. All winners
will receive the awards and trophies as they parade in front of the grandstand.
3. Parade will start at 4:15 PM in order for the procession to be in the front of the grandstand at 4:30 PM
1. Do not throw or shoot anything including candy, water or paper from moving vehicles. Walkers may pass things out to the crowds. Do not do anything that would encourage
spectators to enter the parade vehicle path.
2. Do not hang off of the sides of moving vehicles. Please be very careful anytime you are on, behind or next to a moving float. WATCH ALL CHILDREN IN YOUR ENTRY
3. Keep within 20 to 30 feet of the entry in front of you. Do not stop during the parade, except to keep your spacing or during an emergency.
4. No alcoholic beverages allowed before or during the parade by any parade participant. Anyone violating this rule will not be allowed participate and will be asked to leave the
5. All vehicles in parade must be properly licensed and insured as required by Illinois Secretary of State rules and regulations. Any vehicle that is in non-compliance will not be
allowed to participate in the parade.
6. Please be sure to communicate these rules to everyone in your entry. Only one copy of these rules is attached to each entry form.
7. Altamont Ambulance or Effingham County Fair Assn will not be responsible for any injuries or accidents.
Antique Car/Truck Business, Commercial, Industrial Political
Color Guard Antique Tractor/Implement Miscellaneous
Organization (Adult) Marching Band/Musical 2/4 Horse Hitch
2/4 Pony Hitch Rider - Pony, Horse, Donkey, Mule Single Hitch
There will be cash prizes for 1st - 2nd - 3rd place in each judged category
Participation Ribbon's for all entries
Contact Terry or Faith at 618-483-6804 Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM for additional information or stop by at 2 S Main (Altamont Ambulance Office).
Mail to Effingham County Fair Parade - PO Box 66, Altamont, IL 62411-0066
e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org